|You've watched too much Sci-Fi when...
We all have our favourite genres and shows, but have you ever wondered just where to draw the line. Exactly
where does viewer become a fan and a sad fan boy finish? The following is by no means definitive but it may prove a fun
indication that You know when you've watched too much Sci-Fi when: -
- You can flawlessly quote various lines from films and TV shows
- You tell people that you are a Jedi ... (or a Padawan learner)
- You converted your car to look like a Dalek.
- You pull the legs off your hamster, so you'll have a Tribble.
- You change the speedo on your car to measure Warp factor instead of Mph / Kph
- You are an avid viewer of all things Star Trek, including "Enterprise"
- You think "Enterprise" is a really good series
- You own a life size cut out of a Dalek, Cyberman, Borg, Alien, Predator etc.
- You join NASA, hijack the Space Shuttle and head for the co-ordinates that you calculated for the planet Vulcan.
- You send weekly love letters to the actress that played the green orion slave girl in episode 7 of Star Trek
- TOS, TNG, and VGER mean something to you
- You can explain Warp Theory as invented by Zefram Cochrane
- You have NO life
- You try to find a doctor to do a "Shine job" on your eyes so you can see in the dark, just like Riddick in Pitch Black
- You You go to every convention possible and get everyones autograph, even the stewards.... just in case they appeared in Doctor Who
- You You have the entire Doctor Who, Star Trek or Babylon 5 series on tape or DVD.
- You change the "System sounds" on your computer to various tv and film sound files that you download from the internet.
- You are a life long member of any "fan club" or "appreciation society".
- Your wife left you because you asked her to dress up as a Klingon and torture you for information
- You called your pet "Muffitt"
- You tried to join the US Navy, just so that you could serve aboard the USS Enterprise.
- Your "normal" friends think that you are weird
- Your home is a shrine for all manner of Sci-Fi tv and film merchandise.
- For fancy dress parties you always dress up as a Klingon, Rimmer, Star Trek crew etc.
- You think that you have been abducted by Aliens or have seen UFO's
- You believe the X-Files.... because the Truth is out there!
- You can't look at a sink plunger without picking it up and pretending you are a Dalek
- You believe that Angels are really Vorlons
- You build an anti invasion bunker in your garden and make sure you have an Apple notebook computer, just in case Independence Day was a warning
- You fly into a homicidal rage when someone says Star Trek, isn't that the one with Luke Skywalker?
- You can speak Klingon or Minbari
- You recognise at least 6 entries on this list